Memorial Service for Barbara Rike

Thursday, July 24 at 6:30 p.m.
Sachse First United Methodist Church
Small Reception Following

Memorial Donations can be made to:
Endometrial Cancer Research: http://www.thegcf.org/
The Humane Society: http://www.hsus.org/
Sierra Club: http://www.sierraclub.org/
And ARMA Education Foundation has set up a Memorial page for Barbara at http://www.armaedfoundation.org/barbararike.html.


Contribute memories or photos by emailing memoryofbarb@gmail.com.

Slideshow

Obituary

Obituary
The extended obituary that will be included in the Memorial Service.

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Collection of Comments

I am deeply saddened to hear that dear Barb has left us. The loss brings tears to my eyes. She has been such a warm, vivacious and generous friend who has blessed all of us with her presence. I never dreamed she would leave us so soon. Thank you for letting me know that the end was merciful. It is a comfort to know she was surrounded by such a loving family in her last days. My prayers are with you and your family.
Peggy Mates


I so very sad to have my true friend and mentor gone from this world...Barb was so positive to the end.
Barb was my mentor - she gave me the butt kicking I needed!!!
Laurie Smith


Barbara was a truly wonderful woman, and it was a pleasure to have her in my life. She will be missed.
Nancy Wirth


I know I speak for many who knew Barb, that her energy and zest for life was so contagious, as was her sense of humor-- and what a great legacy to leave behind-- she also lived life to the fullest as long as she could -- something many people aspire to, but not always achieve... may she rest in peace..
Diane Murray
Seattle, WA.


I’m so sorry to hear about Barb. We had known each other since about 1975 when we both worked at Texas Federal. Over all of the years, with all of her various moves, we managed to stay in touch. After she moved from Dallas, we were still able to meet almost every year in December to celebrate her birthday and Christmas. We had great conversations and I looked forward to our next get together.
Paula O'Donley

No comments: